OUR FIRST 100 YEARS, 1906 - 2006
Dunedin City’s first plantation forest was planted around the Ross Creek Reservoir with 15,540 pines, spruce, ash and birch.
Douglas fir seedlings imported from the USA.
Land purchased at Whare Flat for forestry development.
Planting began on Flagstaff.
Land at Bethunes Gully purchased for forestry development.
Plantings began at Sullivans Dam.
Planting began at Waipori.
The milestone of planting 1000 acres (404ha) was reached (628,000 trees).
Clear-felling of all blocks to meet Japanese export demands.
Dunedin City Council formed the DCC Forestry Department, transferring the management of forest assets from the DCC Parks & Recreation Department.
City Forests Limited (CFL) formed from the DCC Forestry Department and operated independently as a subsidiary of Dunedin City Holdings Limited.
Forest Stewardship Council® certification awarded to CFL. CFL reached the milestone of harvesting over 100,000 cubic metres of timber in a single year (121,600cu3).
Silverpeaks Forest purchased (1,968ha).
CFL acquired 830ha forest at Nobleburn and Kaitangata. CFL celebrated its centennial.