At City Forests we are very conscious that there are many resources and values within our estate other than the plantation forests. For this reason we have a process to manage our non-forest resources, and to protect and enhance their value.
As part of our commitment to sound environmental practice, and to the principles of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification, we have established a number of processes to monitor the condition of the environment in which we operate, and the impact of operations in our forests where there may be a potential threat to important conservation values. These include:
- Carbon capture and storage READ MORE
- Water quality READ MORE
- Soil protection READ MORE
- Native forest reserves and other flora READ MORE
- High Conservation Value Forest READ MORE
- Wildlife, including three RTE species READ MORE
- Heritage and archeological sites READ MORE
City Forests’ FSC certification ensures that the forest products used are from responsibly harvested and verified sources. READ MORE
A copy of City Forests' Forest Management Plan is available for inspection at the our office on request.